December 2-3, 2014
Hotel Deca, Seattle
- All sessions will be held at the Hotel Deca.
- All sessions except Executive and Finance and Administration are open to public attendance.
- All public sessions will be webcast. Webcast sessions will also take audience comments and questions as directed by the Chair.
- Topics not completed Tuesday will be taken up in the Wednesday morning session.
The Commission tested a new public format for this year's Interim Meeting on Tuesday and Wednesday, 2-3 December. Previous meetings were held in the IPHC headquarters offices in Seattle and, although the meetings have been webcast, the available space limited outside attendance to a small number. This year's Interim Meeting was held at the Hotel Deca in Seattle, WA.
The International Pacific Halibut Commission's Interim Meeting was held in Seattle, Washington, on Wednesday, December 4 and Thursday, December 5, 2013 at the offices of the IPHC.
Results from the meeting, including staff assessment of the stock and the preliminary harvest decision table, will be published in a news release and made available on the IPHC website after the Interim Meeting.
- Final Agenda (posted 12/5/2013)
- The 2013 Commercial, Sport, and Subsistence Halibut Fisheries (770 KB, Updated 12/05/2013 13:21)
- Summary of the 2013 stock assessment (1.4 MB)
- Summary of Apportionment and Harvest Policy Application for 2014 (2.4 MB)
- Report on Management Strategy Evaluation and the Management Strategy Advisory Board (14 MB)
- Annual Research Plan - Preliminary 2014 (754 KB)
- Setline Survey Expansion (2.0 MB)
- Regulation and Management Proposals (753 KB)
- Report of the IPHC Science Review Board (166 KB)
- Halibut Bycatch Work Group (752 KB)
- Rules of Procedure and Financial Regulations (738 KB)
- Best Practices and the International Pacific Halibut Commission (746 KB)
For information from our previous meeting, please visit our Interim Meeting 2012 page.
The International Pacific Halibut Commission's Interim Meeting was held in Seattle, Washington, on Wednesday and Thursday, November 28 and 29, 2012 at the offices of the IPHC.
The primary change to the Interim Meeting was to make more of its sessions accessible to the public via webcast. In past meetings, only the initial staff presentations were webcast. This year, except for the finance and administration session at the end of the second day, all sessions were webcast and the webcast was open to the public. Another important change was the opportunity for the public to ask questions of the presenters and/or Commissioners during these sessions.
More time was added to this year's Interim Meeting schedule to accommodate additional agenda items. The meeting started with a discussion of the 2012 Performance Review and IPHC planning efforts, and continued in the afternoon of the first day with the customary slate of presentations and discussion.