Bait Needed for 2015 IPHC Stock Assessment Survey
320,000 pounds semi-bright chum salmon
Contact IPHC by August 13th, 2014
The International Pacific Halibut Commission is acquiring bait for the 2015 stock assessment survey. Due to the scientific nature of the study, IPHC bait quality requirements and standardization exceed those normally provided by industry as bait chums.
Chum salmon requirements:
- Headed and gutted (H&G)
- Individually quick frozen (IQF).
- The minimum grade is semi-bright #2s (ASMI grade A-E). Fish of a higher quality are acceptable but not preferred over the minimum quality.
- IPHC prefers 4/6 lbs and 6/9 lbs; 9/up lbs may be considered.
- Bait may be inspected by IPHC staff prior to purchase to ensure that the flesh is firm and has been processed in a manner that maintains the required quality.
- Bait must be toted in ~1,000 lb fiber totes.
- Information on the month of capture, the run for each unit/tote of bait purchased, and tote weight is required. Also, the labeling of totes as IPHC specific product before shipment would be preferred.
- The salmon must have been caught and processed no earlier than June 2014.
- Invoices submitted for payment no later than March of 2015.
For 2015, the IPHC has been investigating spatial expansion of the stock assessment survey. As part of our planning, the commission would also like bidders to provide information on timing, quantity, and location availability of chum salmon between the dates of June 1st and August 31st, 2015. This will assist the IPHC in determining possible significant in-season purchases.
- END -
Bruce M. Leaman, Director
Phone: (206) 634-1838
Fax: (206) 632-2983
Please download our printable news release for more details on our poundage needs by port and the bid submission form.